Winter Break Adventures: Part Two!

Here are some more adventures from our choirbee's winter breaks!



"This break I visited Disneyworld with my family and my boyfriend.  It was such a blast!  We were there for New Years Eve and the fireworks show was spectacular.  One of my personal favorite moments was riding the tea cups with my brothers and Jack (the boyfriend).  It was great because the guys did the work and I got to throw my hands up in the air and just laugh.  It was one of the best moments of the trip.  Everyone was laughing a lot... or maybe that was all just me...We also saw some great animals on the safari ride in Animal Kingdom!  I've included a picture of the giraffes.  They got really close to our truck!  It was exhausting and extremely crowded!  But a great time!" - Kellen, junior







"For Wintersession, I was in Barcelona for a spanish class. It was great! We studied urbanization and art, visiting many of Goudí's works--such as La Sagrada Familia and La Pedrera--and the Miró, Dalí, and Picasso museums. We contrasted the architecture of the "old" and "new" Barcelona, as well as life in the Pyrenees mountains and the busy city. We also discussed Catalonia (Barcelona is in the area of Spain called Catalonia--which is why they mostly speak Catalan and not Castellano in Barcelona) and how there is much talk of becoming its own country, independent of Spain." - Erika, junior


"I didn't really do much over break that is worthy of the blog other than I learned how to cross country ski! That's probably the most exciting thing because I basically read for the rest of break haha." - Emmy, junior


"Although I didn't get to travel anywhere exciting this winter break, I got to spend it with someone very special: my new bunny, Sheldon! Sheldon is a tiny 5 month-old mini lop. His hobbies include eating parsley, carrots, and hay, watching TV with me, hopping, running laps around my room at light speed, and chewing things (especially books). He's very sweet, and his new home is here with me at Wellesley, so I encourage any and all choirbees to come visit him sometime! He loves company." - Erin, junior





"I was on campus over Wintersession, which was a new experience for me.  I worked three days a week in the Clapp library shelving books and such while answering endless questions on the new printing system.  I also spent a lot of my time dedicated to my role as Music Director for a community theater production of the musical "Godspell" in Framingham.  I absolutely loved getting to teach people of all different ages and abilities music both individually and in groups in preparation for the show.  Tyler and I got cracking on a lot of wedding planning and things are really starting to come together.  It's very exciting!" - Kendall, junior



Comments

Popular Posts