Meet Rebecca Farkas, our Vice President and Business & Fundraising Manager!

Hi! My name is Rebecca Farkas, and this year I serve the roles of Business & Fundraising Manager and Vice President! I am a senior hailing all the way from sunny Los Angeles, CA, and I am majoring in Linguistics and minoring in Psychology.


Tell us a little bit about your officer position!
With all my various titles, I am mostly in charge of handling the choir's finances and backing up Else (our Pres) when she needs help!

What is your favorite Choir memory
My favorite choir memory is definitely running around with fellow choir members in Seoul when we went on our tour to South Korea! We sang at a bunch of great concerts, ate a lot of tasty food, and experienced the hubbub of busy Korean shopping areas. It was a ton of fun!

What is your favorite piece we've sung so far?
My favorite song that we have sung so far in choir is The Song of Perfect Propriety (affectionately known as the Pirate Song) by Carol Barnett. It was definitely one of our more rhythmically challenging pieces the year we sang it, and who doesn't love a song about badass female pirates?

What are you most looking forward to this year?
I'm really looking forward to getting to know our new choirbees and going on a fun tour through Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and New York City!!!

If you could meet one famous person, dead or alive, who would you choose?
 If I could meet one famous person, dead or alive, I would like to meet Marilyn Monroe. She was such a misunderstood troubled person while she was alive, and even a bit mysterious, and I would like to learn about her life as told in her own words.


Other than the choral stuff, what kind of music do you like to listen to?
Apart from choral music, I generally listen to a wide variety of music, ranging from showtunes to swing/electro-swing to alternative rock. I am really excited that Bastille, one of my favorite bands, has finally come out with an album featuring new original music for the first time in forever a few days ago in early September!

Comments

Popular Posts