Meet Demilade Adeboye, our Social Chair!

Hello everyone! My name is Demilade, and I am from Lagos, Nigeria. I'm a potential Math and Music double major, and I'm a sophomore.


Tell us a little bit about your officer position.
This year, I have the honour of being the choir's Social Chair! I am in charge of planning bonding events for the choir, and making sure every member feels comfortable and excited in our large family.


What is your favorite Choir memory?

Last year, the choir sang at St. Andrew's church in the town of Wellesley. On the way back to campus after the 10:00 service, a group of choirbees had the spur-of-the-moment idea to climb one of the large trees on East Campus. I thought it was so funny to see these women, clad in their elegant Sunday dresses, grabbing at branches and hoisting each other up this tree!


What is your favorite piece we've sung so far?

 Last year, we sang Holst's Ave Maria, and made people cry at one of our performances of the piece. It is such a gorgeous piece.


What are you looking forward to this year?

I can't wait for Vespers! It is such an incredible service, and a lot of effort is put into making it look and sound so incredible.


If you could meet one famous person, dead or alive, who would you choose?

(Apart from our lord and Saviour, Queen Beyoncé Knowles,) I would love to meet Johannes Brahms. I've sung and played (on piano) so many of his pieces that I feel like I would know him well if he were still alive.


Other than the choral stuff, what music do you like to listen to?

I listen to all sorts of music! Most recently, my favourite song is Past Lives by Børns. Last week, it was Right Hand by Drake. However, I've also been listening to Brahms' Intermezzo 117 no.2 for the past few weeks.​

Comments

Popular Posts