Meet Emma Thibault, our Rehearsal Manager!

Hi, my name is Emma and I’m this year’s Rehearsal Manager. I’m a sophomore from Western Mass and I intend to major in Neuroscience and minor in Chemistry. I’m also the oldest of three, as you can see from my picture!*


*Emma is pictured on the far left



Tell us a little bit about your officer position.
As Rehearsal Manager, it’s my job to set up for and reset after rehearsal, make sure that everyone has the music that they need, and keep track of attendance.

What is your favorite Choir memory?
After only a year in Choir, I have a surprising number of favorite memories but tour stands out among the rest. Over the course of the trip, we all got to know each other much better than we had before.The closer we got, The more cohesive our singing got and the more fun we had. It seemed like every time we performed we got better in some capacity - whether it was finally making it through a line without breathing or engaging with a piece that had been a little flat in the past. We came back from California a better choir, but more importantly we came back a family.  

What is your favorite piece we've sung so far?
I really enjoyed doing Let All Mortal Flesh for Vespers. I look forward to including our new Chiorbees in the candle lit drama! 

What are you looking forward to this year?
There’s a lot to look forward to this year, but I am particularly excited for President Johnson’s inauguration and to sing the Planets with the Plymouth Philharmonic!  

If you could meet one famous person, dead or alive, who would you choose?
I would love to meet Michelle Obama. As someone who is strong, intelligent, and independent in the traditionally restrictive role of First Lady, she is an amazing role model for women and girls. That, and I’m pretty sure that she’s a fun person to be around. (Her Carpool Karaoke is pretty great, just sayin’.)  

Other than the obvious choral stuff, what music do you like to listen to?
I am a big fan of musical theatre and listen to Broadway soundtracks frequently. Usually I have phases where I’m super into one musical for a week or so and then I switch it up.

Comments

Popular Posts