Meet Else Schlerman, our President!


My name is Else Schlerman and I’m a senior from the part of Massachusetts west of the Connecticut River!  I’m a physics major, German minor and I just spent the past year studying at Oxford University.  I am thrilled to be back at Wellesley with the choir again as this year’s president!


Tell us a little bit about your officer position!

As president, I work with Dr. Graham and the officers to make sure everything about choir goes brilliantly.

What is your favorite Choir memory?

One of the most amazing choir moments was singing Arirang with the Ewha Womans University while on tour in Seoul.  The emotion, adrenaline, and camaraderie of that performance was incredible, not to mention the percussion!  It was probably my favorite concert ever.

What is your favorite piece we've sung so far?

Aside from Arirang, I loved singing Os Justi with the Cornell Glee Club.  Every time I listen to/sing that song, I feel like climbing mountains.

What are you most looking forward to this year?

I’m so happy to simply be singing with the Wellesley College Choir again after being gone for the past year.  Our first rehearsal nearly made me cry.  I also can’t wait to get to know everyone!

If you could meet one famous person, dead or alive, who would you choose?

Julia Child, particularly if she were in the mood to cook lobsters!

Other than the choral stuff, what kind of music do you like to listen to?

I listen to way too much Brandi Carlile.  She’s brilliant.  I have no regrets.

Comments

Popular Posts