Blog Series: The Tour, Rehearsal, and Publicity Managers, Paula, Kellen, and Emily


Today we're focusing on our Tour Manager Paula Yust, Rehearsal Manager Kellen Kartub, and Publicity Manager Emily Weddle! Paula is a senior with an English and Psychology double major, Kellen is a junior and a Chemistry major, and Emily is a junior Art History and Music double major.



Paula


Kellen


Emily


Is there any significance to your name?
Paula: I am named after one of my mother’s mentors in grad school. And my middle name is for all the Kathryns in my family—but I have a different spelling since it seems like every Kathryn in my family spells it differently and my parents didn’t want to name me after just one of them.
Kellen: When deciding on my name, my parents were inspired by a football game.  While watching Kellen Winslow play, they figured Kellen was a pretty name.  Years later, an internet search revealed that my name is actually of Celtic origin.  I technically have the male derivative of the name whereas Kellan is the female version.  Ironically, I have met several guys named both Kellan and Kellen.
Emily: I was suppose to be born on February 20 with the name Sarah, but for the first and only time in my life, I decided to be late. While my mom waited, she got sick of the name Sarah. After waiting nine days, I was finally born on February 29, and Emily was the name I was given!

What did you want to be when you were a kid?
P: I actually don’t really remember, but I know that I definitely wanted to be a mom.
K: A scientist who worked with animals or bugs! I especially loved butterflies.
E: Everything and anything! But some part of me has always wanted to be a teacher.

Do you like your handwriting?
P: Sometimes, it seems to change everyday.
K: Heavens no! It was deemed "man scrawl" in high school, much to my embarrassment.
E: I like my t's, l's, and a's.

Place you want to visit:
P: The Lake and Peak Districts in England.
K: Almost everywhere, but Ireland and New Zealand are at the top.
E: France, Ireland, Sweden, and Germany.

Last song you listened to:
P: "Dog Days are Over" by Florence and the Machine
K: "Honeybee" by Steam punk Giraffes
E: "Sort of" by Ingrid Michaelson

If I had a free hour I would:
P: Spend hours at dinner with my friends.
K: Read!!! Or sleep. It would depend on how late in the semester I was granted this free hour.
E: Walk around the lake with a friend.

Guilty pleasure:
P: Say Yes to the Dress and House Hunters with my mother.
E: Workaholics and One Direction...hey, no judgement!

If I could create a crayon color its name would be:
K: Princessa Pink
E: Vigorously Violet

Favorites
Favorite sound:
P: The sounds of an early Spring morning.
K: The ocean! There is nothing better.
E: Mozart.

Favorite holiday:
P: Christmastime.
K: Christmas!
E: My birthday...when it comes around every 4 years.

Favorite junk food:
P: Custard Creams—why don’t they sell them in the US?!?
K: My initial response is to say chocolate chip cookies, but they are not junk food! They are a baked good.
E: Goldfish.

Favorite Childhood Memory:
P: Playing restaurant as we ate lunch in elementary school with my father pretending to be either a snooty French waiter or Donald Duck. Or occasionally both…
K: The night I tried coke for the first time. I was in second grade and it was a great day.  My family had spent the whole day at Disneyland, which had been decked out for Christmas since it was December and was just wonderful in general.  That evening we ate dinner at Tomboys (a small restaurant in my hometown).   I was getting sleepy and needed to stay awake because I had a sleepover birthday party to attend right after dinner, so my mom let me have a sip of her coke.  Awesome!!!  Afterwards I remember having a great time at my best friend’s sleepover, which had some hilarious karaoke moments if I remember correctly.
E: When driving into Boston to see family, I would always twist my head to see the skyline as soon as we were crossing the bridge, because I could recognize the buildings. I still do it to this day, especially when I'm leaving. This has to be my favorite place in the world.

Choices Choices
Raincoat or umbrella?
P: Usually both.
K: Umbrella.
E: Umbrella.

Snowman or snow angel?
P: Snowman.
K: Do snow caterpillars count?
E: Snow angels...and snow tunnels!

Plane or boat?
P: Boat.
K: Boats.
E: Boat.

Pencil or pen?
P: Pen.
K: Pens.
E: Pen.

Still or sparkling?
P: Sparkling.
K: Still, unless it is a beautiful bottle of Martinelli's Sparkling Cider.
E: It depends. Water, always still, but everything else sparkling.

Tea or coffee?
P: TEA.
K: Tea.
E: Tea. I never drink coffee.

Rain or snow?
P: Snow.
K: Depends on how cold it is outside!
E: Snow.

Planning or spontaneity?
P: Planning…
K: A little bit of both.
E: In general planning, but I love to go on spontaneous adventures!

Letters or e-mail?
P: I love letters.
K: Letters.
E: Letters always.


Comments

Popular Posts