Choirbee of the Week: Cassandra Smith



Congratulations to our Choirbee of the week Cassandra! Cassandra was so helpful over the weekend at our family and friends concert rose fundraiser, we couldn't have done it without you! Cassandra is a veteran bee in her second year who is always trying to improve her music by going to office hours and always staying focused during rehearsal. She is is an awesome musician and leader of her section and we love having her in choir!

What's your major?I'm a Neuroscience Major.

What inspired you to join Choir?When I first transferred to Wellesley as a Davis Scholar, I had <very> little experience singing and didn’t think I was good enough to join such a large choir. And then I was completely awestruck by WCC when I attended the Dober concert my first semester. It was incredible! I immediately felt I wanted to be a part of something so magical sounding. My voice teacher, Sonja, encouraged me to join saying that it would be such a great way to improve my voice and that I would find the community to be welcoming and encouraging. So, I auditioned last Fall and can’t believe I put it off a whole year! 

 What has been your favourite part of choir so far? There are so many wonderful things about Choir, but honestly, my favourite part of is a rehearsal. No matter how tired or grumpy I maybe, or even if I go into rehearsal not really wanting to be there, I ALWAYS come out feeling so much better. Rehearsal always puts me in a good mood and I am so grateful to have Choir in my life.

What is your favourite choir tradition?I love Flower Sunday and our Big/Little reveal! I am a total introvert and I easily become anxious in large groups. I often disengage in these settings, not because I don’t want to be there, but just because I find it so overwhelming. Especially during my first semester in Choir, having a Big helped make me feel like a part of the WCC community in a way that at first, just showing up to rehearsal didn’t. Now it has come full circle and I have two Littles of my own!

What piece are you most looking forward to performing?I am so looking forward to Fauré’s Requiem! I have never performed such a long piece and all the movements are absolutely beautiful. I also have performed some art song by Fauré so I have enjoyed singing something different by the same composer.

What will you be doing with Yonce?Yoncé has been chilling and providing wonderful snuggles to me and Queenie (my cat). I don’t know who was more excited for our guest, me or Queenie. 😂x



Comments

Popular Posts