Meet the Officers: Rebecca Farkas

Auditions have officially started! So far, we have met a few of the aspiring choirbees, and they are all wonderful. Today we would like to introduce Rebecca Farkas, our Concert Manager; she will be looking out for everyone during our performances. This summer, Rebecca has been working on the right side of the law.

Introduce yourself!
Hi! I'm Rebecca Farkas, and I'm from Los Angeles in sunny California. I'm a junior at Wellesley and a Cognitive Science and Linguistics major. I'm very excited to be the WCC's Concert Manager this year! I'm in charge of managing concert attire and much of the set up for each of our concerts.

What have you been up to this summer?
This summer I interned at Congressman Schiff's district office and otherwise took it easy. In true LA fashion, I took day trips to Disneyland, drank an almost constant stream of boba, went on a hike in Malibu, and otherwise stayed inside, avoiding the scorching heat, chilling with my dog, and reading a ton of superhero comics.

When you’re not singing Ave Maria, what are you jamming out to?
I listen to a bunch of different stuff depending on my mood and what I'm doing. Lately I've found myself listening to a lot of show tunes and movie soundtracks, but more recent loves are the cover-creating YouTube channel Postmodern Jukebox and Elle King's Ex's and Oh's.

What are you looking forward to this year with the choir?
This year I'm really looking forward to getting to know all of the new Choir Bees and having a great time on tour traveling down the California coast!

And for fun, if you were to wield a super power, what would it be?
A super power that I've always envied is the innate ability to speak/understand any language/method of communication. But I also wouldn't mind being able to fly and kick butt like Wonder Woman.


Comments

Popular Posts