Meet the officers: Patricia Grahmann

With the arrival of new international students from all over the world—some countries the Choir has toured in the past—Wellesley is ready to welcome the Class of 2019! However, before the rest of the first-years move on to campus with overweight suitcases and mattress pads, meet one of our co-vice presidents and co-business managers, Patricia Grahmann! This summer she has been asking that immortal question: is it white and gold… or black and blue?

Introduce yourself!
My name is Patricia Grahmann, a member of the class of 2018 and a neuroscience major from Arizona! This year, I will be serving as your co-vp/business manager with Julia, so I will be handling all fundraising for the choir and coordinating events throughout the year.

What have you been up to this summer?
This summer, I’ve been able to find the best representation of the color turquoise by finding the exact point in Munsell color space where the subjects switch in their categorization of colors from green to blue.  Now that I’ve done that, I’m working on recreating the experiment on #theDress that our lab recently did and looking at how colors are remembered in the brain.

When you’re not singing Ave Maria, what are you jamming out to?
I enjoy a pretty wide variety of music, but in particular I love a capella and the Vitamin String Quartet.

What are you looking forward to this year with the choir?
I'm really excited to launch a bunch of new fundraising campaigns this year, and I'm also excited for our collaborative concerts this year.

And for fun, if you were to wield a super power, what would it be?
If I had a super power, it would be the ability to pause time and everything around me so I could have extra time in the day!
_________________________________________________________________________________

With Orientation just around the corner, we would like to remind that auditions to join the Wellesley College Choir will be held in Jewett Arts Center in room 209 at the following times.

Friday August 28, 10 AM – 12 PM
                                 4 PM  – 7 PM
Saturday August 29, 10 AM – 12 PM
Sunday August 30, 10 AM – 2PM

Please sign up on our online audition sheet. We can’t wait to see you there!

Comments

Popular Posts