Meet the officers: Keertana Anandraj

In the second interview of our "meet the officers" blog series, we introduce to you our Manager of On and Off Campus Affairs (abridged to MOOCA), Keertana Anandraj! During the school year, she sings as a first alto; however, this summer Keertana has been programming and learning the intricacies of biomathematics.


Introduce yourself!
Hi, my name is Keertana and I'm a sophomore double majoring in mathematics and economics. I'm from New Jersey and live right near Princeton and I'm going to be the MOOCA this year. Essentially, I'm in charge of the fun activities and group bonding that the choir will be participating in this year so if you have any movies you want to watch, food you want to bake, or other ideas for events just let me know and I'll make it happen!

What have you been up to this summer?
This summer I participated in a biomathematics internship in South Carolina. It was a really great experience and I learned a decent amount of computer programming in the process (although, please, don't ever ask me to code in python again!). I also got to spend some time with my grandparents, who were visiting from India this summer.

When you're not singing Ave Maria, what are you jamming out to?
I have to be honest--I mostly listen to Bollywood music. I was trained in Indian Classic Music and sang and listened to that and other types of Indian music for most of my life. Either than that (and Ave Maria, of course), I tend to jam out to anything that's currently playing on the radio. 

What are you looking forward to this year with the choir?
Tour! I've never been to California before and I can't wait to experience it with the choir on tour this year. I'm also really excited for all the bonding that is about to happen this year since the choir is one of my favorite Wellesley families! 

And for fun, if you were to wield a super power, what would it be?
If I were to wield a super power I'd want teleportation. I really love to travel but haven't had the opportunity to do too much of it, yet, so I'd love to be able to move around without paying for airplane tickets or standing through security lines. 

Comments

Popular Posts