Choirbee of the Week: Emma!

Meet Emma, our Choirbee of the Week! She is a first-year from Edmonds, Washington, but formerly from San Jose, California.


Emma and the Bee!! So adorable.



Is there any significance to your name?
Not my first name, but I have two middle names:  Karen and Mee Yuk.  The first is after my aunt Karen, and the second is Chinese for “Beautiful Jade.”

What did you want to be when you were a kid?
I have always wanted to be a novelist.  (Which probably means I’ll be a starving artist for a few years after graduation.)

Strangest food you ever ate:
Sprats and nutella sandwich.  (Sprats are like sardines.)  It was actually pretty good…

Place(s) you want to visit:
New Zealand, Argentina, Britain, France, Australia, Turkey, China, Japan, Quebec…

Last song you listened to:
“Two Thousand Years” by Billy Joel

When I’m stressed out I like to:
Write, draw, crochet, run, and procrastinate on homework.  ;)

The childhood toy I always wanted, but never got:
Probably a freshly repaired “Rainbow Puppy” after my dog, Veela, feasted on its stuffing…

Pet Peeve:
Not having enough time.

Guilty Pleasure:
Webcomics.  Specifically, Lackadaisy Cats and its associated forum.

Favorite Broadway musical:
Les Misérables

Favorite sound:
Crackling leaves, ocean waves crashing on the beach, thunder, rain pounding on the roof.

Favorite thing about Wellesley:
Walking through the leaf-strewn quad, eating breakfast at the Lulu on Mondays and Thursdays, and running around the lake.

Playdoh or silly putty:
Playdoh, I suppose…

Apples or oranges:
Apples in pastries, oranges to eat by themselves.

Rain or snow:
Rain, because it makes me think of home.  But I have wonderful memories associated with snow, too.

Letters or e-mail:
E-mail for nearly all occasions; letters for special people.

Tea or coffee:
“Reject the tyranny of the ‘or’!  Embrace the genius of the ‘and’!”

Anything else you think the choir should know!:
Tell me if you’re interested in doing NaNoWriMo!



Comments

Popular Posts