Blog Series: Why We Love Choir, by the Sophomores

Our sophomores had a lot to share about the things they love about choir as well:



"I'm really excited about the diversity of the music we're doing this year--every piece seems to have a different kind of life in it." - Beth

"I love the awesome community and choir spirit. I also love Barso Re!" - Sara

"I love my fellow choirbees! And Snowforms is a really cool piece." - Jenny

"It's the time of week to be stress-free and sing beautiful mus. I love tours with choir as well." - Frances

"I love hanging out with choir people; the camaraderie is great and the after-choir dinners in Stone-D are awesome. I loved the pieces we did last year that we took on tour (side note: Portugal was amazing!), especially the Abbie Betinis and In Remembrance. The Vespers were unforgettable and I'm so profoundly grateful we got to do those. I also really like Morning Star. I also love randomly recognizing choir people on campus and am super excited for Canada!" - Su Lin

"I joined choir because choir had been a part of my life since middle school. I couldn't imagine not being part of it. My favorite memory is not so much one particular memory, but I remember being really struck by the fact that all the upperclasswomen were so friendly--they learned the names of all the first years and would always say hi to me when I saw them around campus. It really made me feel like I was part of a community. Now I'm a choir veteran, and am looking forward to continuing that tradition!
The Rachmaninoff Vespers that we did last year is one of my favorite pieces. The sheer range of emotions within that one score was amazing. I guess that's cheating, though, because it's more like fifteen pieces, so if I had to choose one I'd pick six (Bogoroditse Devo). It's such a beautiful piece, and whenever we sang it as a group, everyone was so connected and invested in the music. I almost cried in concert." - Beth

"I had actually never sang in a choir before before I joined - I just knew that singing is one thing that makes me feel so incredibly alive and happy. Choir keeps me happy and music-ified!" - Berit



Check the blog out on Wednesday to check out the Dober Concert Poster, and to remind yourself of the concert this Sunday at 1 pm! Please join our facebook event!


Comments

Popular Posts