CHOIRBEE OF THE WEEK ANNA '24

Anna Kraffmiller is a returning bee who is a reliable contributor to choir! You can always find her proactively preparing her music and deeply engaging in rehearsals. She is an absolute joy to everyone she meets. Learn more about Anna below! :)

What is your name and pronouns?

"My name is Anna and I use she/her pronouns."

What are your rose (great memory), bud (what you’re looking forward to), and thorn (not so great memory) from the year so far!

"My rose for this year so far is that I got to take some very fun classes in my major fall semester. My thorn is that I definitely wasn't as involved in activities as I wanted to be in fall semester. But my bud that I'm looking forward to is the Upstage production of Fun Home, which I am acting in!"

What has been your favorite part of choir so far? (this could be anything, a favorite aspect like singing or bonding, a magical music moment, or what you’re excited for!

"My favorite part of choir so far this year was probably learning and performing Winter Sun. That is such a gorgeous piece and I absolutely loved the way it came together." 

What is your favorite spot on campus?

"My favorite spot on campus is the 4th floor of Clapp Library, on the side with the huge windows with views of Lake Waban. Peace and quiet, no distractions, and beautiful scenery. One afternoon during this past finals season, when the days were short and dark, my friends had all gone home for break, I was super stressed about my schoolwork and the COVID situation on campus, I had three papers still to write, and morale was running low. But I looked up and saw the loveliest sunset over Lake Waban, and I felt like everything would be okay. Ever since then it's been my favorite place."

If you could invent your own class at Wellesley, what would it be and why?

"If I could invent a class at Wellesley, it would be called "The Linguistics of Vocal Music," combining two of my biggest interests, and it would cover things like how singers adapt the sound system of a language, by, for instance, modifying vowels, to serve the needs of singing; how listeners hear (and mishear) lyrics; how and why certain languages or dialects carry more or less cachet in various genres of vocal music."

Comments

Popular Posts