Choirbee of the Week: May Xia '21



In preparation for our Family & Friends weekend concert, May Xia '21, our choirbee of the week, devoted herself to practicing the music we were performing outside of rehearsal. She is attentive, and she brings her sunny disposition wherever she goes. Let's get to know May!
 

1. Where are you originally from?
I am originally from Shanghai, China.

2. What is your major?
Maybe neuroscience.

3. Who is your all-time favorite musical artist?
It's hard to decide who is my favorite haha. I love The Piano Guys and Pentatonix (I am going to their Christmas concert with Azalea too!)

4. What is a song that always gets stuck in your head?
Take Me Home by Pentatonix.

5. What is your favorite piece the Choir has performed this year? Why?
Malala. Because I feel very empowered every time I sing it with the choir.

6.Who is your personal hero/heroine?
Oliver Sacks.

7. What is your favorite spot to hang out on campus?
Around the lake.

8. What is something you can’t live without? 
Family & music.

9. What’s your favorite food?
Coconut ice cream.

10. If you could have fancy brunch with anyone (living or dead) who would it be and why?
Michael Ondaatje. Because I really enjoy reading his novels, particularly The English Patient and Anil's Ghost.

11. What movie could you watch over and over?
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.

12. If you could visit any place in the world, where would you go?
Ireland.

13.What is your favorite thing about the Wellesley College Choir?
The strong sisterhood and the friendly community! I love my choir big and all the fun activities organized by the choir! I am also looking forward to the tour in spring!

14. What is your favorite word?
Serenity.

15. Something people wouldn’t guess by looking at you is:
I am almost 20.

Comments

Popular Posts