Choirbee of the Week: Tara Kohli '21

We are kicking things off with our first Choirbee of the Week this year! Meet Tara Kohli '21! Tara is a first year, and in the short time that she has been a part of our musical family, she has proved to be one of the most enthusiastic members we have. Let's get to know her!


1. Where are you originally from?
I was born in Vietnam, and adopted when I was two months old. I have lived in Philadelphia since then!

2. What is your major?
Undecided, but I think more social sciences/humanities. Maybe Anthropology? Or Psychology? Political Science?

3. Who is your all-time favorite musical artist?
Oh, that's hard! I have an incredibly eclectic taste in music (half of the music I listen to in Hindi, Vietnamese, Spanish or Irish), but one of my longtime favorites is Dar Williams. 

4. What is a song that always gets stuck in your head?
Cold Little Heart - Michael Kiwanuka

5. What is your favorite piece the Choir has performed this year? Why?
Out of the ones we've done so far, Call of the Flowers. But out of our full year repertoire, I can't wait for Lauliku Lapsepõli and Adinu!

6.Who is your personal hero/heroine?
My parents. They're always there for me, through thick and thin.

7. What is your favorite spot to hang out on campus?
I love the lake! But, as an East Sider (East Side Beast Side!!!!) you'll probably find me most often in the Bates first floor kitchen, laughing with my floor mates :)

8. What is something you can’t live without? 
My friends and family. They're irreplaceable. 

9. What’s your favorite food?
I love Asian food! And cream of mushroom soup!

10. If you could have fancy brunch with anyone (living or dead) who would it be and why?
My grandmother, who I was too little to remember. Or maybe Nicole Kidman. I'm a big fan.

11. What movie could you watch over and over?
There are so many wonderful classics! But every since I was little, the Chronicles of Narnia have always been my go-to comfort movies :)

12. If you could visit any place in the world, where would you go?
Ah, so many places, but at the moment, Iceland!

13.What is your favorite thing about the Wellesley College Choir?
The people! It's such a wonderful community! But really everything :)

14. What is your favorite word?
Amaranthine.

15. Something people wouldn’t guess by looking at you is:
I mentioned earlier that I was adopted from Vietnam. This past fall (2016), after years of searching, I was able to track down my biological family, and went to meet them in Vietnam this past December! It was an incredible experience — I never imagined that I would them. If any of you have seen the movie "Lion", it was sort of like that.

Comments

Popular Posts