Choirbee of the Week YIHE '25!

Yihe Chang is a newbee who shows her dedication to choir weekly! She always pays attention to every word and has such a kind heart to all she encounters. Any conversation with Yihe ends with a smile, not to mention her talent! Learn more about Yihe below! :)



What is your name, class year and pronouns?

"Yihe Chang, Class of 2025, She/her/hers"

What is your rose (great memory), bud (what you’re looking forward to), and thorn (not so great memory) from the year so far!

"Rose: As a first-year international student, I feel great every time when I step out of my comfort zone - from sitting in the front row of every class, debating academic issues with professor and peers for hours, to joining the weekly discussions about diverse cultures in the Multi-faith Community. Also, the choir tour to Puerto Rico definitely is everybody's highlight of the year! I shared pics with my family and professors, and they LOVED them! 

Bud: I'm looking forward to exploring more possibilities in the academic, social, and musical world as a sophomore - especially, I wish I can continue balancing between my passion in academics and my love in music (like what I have always been doing), and live my life to the fullest!

Thorns: There are no thorns yet~"

What has been your favorite part of choir so far? (this could be anything, a favorite aspect like singing or bonding, a magical music moment, or what you’re excited for!

"I love every part of the choir, but my favorite was our exchange events and co-performances with all 4 Puerto Rican choirs! I felt so meaningful to learn about their culture and live stories, was excited to befriend with a Puerto Rican sib who gave me advice on the pronunciation of my solo part in "Catalina La O" , and was sooooo happy to see the audiences "losing their mind" (a quote from Dr. Graham lol) when we were singing Puerto Rican songs!" 

What is your favorite spot on campus?

"As an Organ student - my fav spot is the Organ loft! I have spent so many evenings practicing there on my own, from 9-11 pm; It witnessed all the difficulties I met in the first semester, my struggle and perseverance, my progress in each practice, and finally, the many beautiful pieces that I can play now. 

What's more, I also love the choir Hive, and my dorm - I always keep it nice and tidy lol"

If you could invent your own class at Wellesley, what would it be and why?

"I would like to invent a seminar, where people gather in front of a window facing Lake Waban, talking about their inspirations, their wildest dreams, and all they want to achieve in the future. Sometimes we share our happiness, and sometimes we help others to overcome difficulties - All in all, I really feel inspired and fulfilled when I talk to people and learn their stories empathetically."

Comments

Popular Posts