CHOIRBEE OF THE WEEK EMMA '24

Emma Lilienthal is a returning bee who is always reliable, engaged and involved! You can always find her smiling and making conversation with other bees, and showing up early to each rehearsal. Her passion and enthusiasm for choir is evident to everyone around her. Learn more about Emma below! :)

What is your name and pronouns?

"Emma Lilienthal, she/hers"

What are your rose (great memory), bud (what you’re looking forward to), and thorn (not so great memory) from the year so far!

"Being able to sing in person again for the first time since COVID started (being able hear my voice blending with others' is an awe-inspiring feeling). I'm looking forward to going on tour. The first calculus test I took was likely the not-so-great memory; I got an A, but I felt really nervous and almost had a panic attack because it was the first in-person, not take-home test I had in a year and a half."

What has been your favorite part of choir so far? (this could be anything, a favorite aspect like singing or bonding, a magical music moment, or what you’re excited for!

"My favorite part of choir is warmups. You don't really have to concentrate on what you're singing and remember the words, you just have to feel it and slide into the music. During warmups, you go from a singular person to a part of a larger body, all producing fantastic sound." 

What is your favorite spot on campus?

"The 4th floor of the library is my favorite spot, especially by the window that overlooks the lake."

If you could invent your own class at Wellesley, what would it be and why?

"I would invent a class solely about courtly love in medieval literature. I'm a rather large fan of knights fighting to become worthy of their ladies' love, as well as debating the feminist/antifeminist traits that can emerge."

Comments

Popular Posts