Choirbee of the Week CLARA '25

Clara Leach is a newbee and our long awaited choirbee of the week! She always has a smile on her face and participates with gusto! She answers questions about theory and you can always find her engaging with her music and other choirbees. Learn more about Clara below! :)



What is your name and pronouns?

"Clara Leach (she/her/hers)"

What are your rose (great memory), bud (what you’re looking forward to), and thorn (not so great memory) from the year so far!

"Rose: Being able to meet so many amazing people at Wellesley! I am constantly meeting incredibly kind and marvelously interesting people; I really couldn't have imagined before arriving on campus the sheer number of wonderful people here! Whether it's meeting someone new or having lunch with a friend I met during orientation, I love simply talking to people and learning more about them! Bud: I am super excited for our "What The Elf?" concert! It's going to be a very festive and fun concert, and I am really looking forward to it! It makes me feel very warm and fuzzy inside to sing all the holiday songs with our wonderful choir in the beautiful chapel! Thorn: the three midterms I've had less than two weeks before finals (nobody told me midterm season lasts two months!)."

What has been your favorite part of choir so far? (this could be anything, a favorite aspect like singing or bonding, a magical music moment, or what you’re excited for!

"It's hard to pick just one because choir seriously is one of the highlights of my week! It has really kept me sane this year. BUT if I have to pick a favorite part, I would have to say it's probably those random moments when we are holding a chord and I really just stop and reflect on the beauty of the sound I am actually a part of as it reverberates through the chapel. My favorite moment of that was probably the first time Chamber Singers ever sang the Verdi piece in the chapel after rehearsing it for months in the hive: WOW! That was a transcendental experience." 

What is your favorite spot on campus?

"My favorite spot on campus is probably Tupelo Point; it's super cliché but I love going there to reflect and look at the water, or just sit and read a book! I also love the Munger common room because I always see friends there and have fun conversations! The only problem is that I am usually trying to get work done, and that simply does not happen if I'm there."

If you could invent your own class at Wellesley, what would it be and why?

"Well, I always say that if I could create my own major I would make the goal of it to learn as many languages as possible in four years, so I supposed I would probably create an introductory class to that major. In said class, each unit would be an introduction to a different language so by the time the class was over you would a) have a basic understanding of the languages taught so you could theoretically get around alright in a country that spoke it, and b) have a better idea of what languages you wanted to learn next!"

Comments

Popular Posts