This Week's CHOIRBEE OF THE WEEK is ABI SANDY '24πŸ’šπŸ’š

 

This week's buzzing bee is Abi Sandy '24, yet another NEWBEE!! Abi has proven in a few short weeks to be a very dedicated chorister and is clearly very passionate about music. Abi's talent is an immense asset to both choir and chambers, and I love that she has a passion for Celtic music like I do! Learn more about her in this interview! <3





What is your name and what are your pronouns?

"Abi Sandy, she/her/hers"


What the most interesting class you’re taking right now and why?
"Right now I'm taking Korean 101 and it's fascinating! I love learning languages, so learning one that's so different from English, and learning it from the ground up, has been really fun."

What has been your favorite part of choir so far?
"Learning so many beautiful pieces and getting to know everyone in the WCC community! Talking with Δ’riks EΕ‘envalds was pretty cool, too."

What inspired you to join choir?
"Music has always been an incredible source of connection for me. To myself, to the people I'm creating with, to anyone and everyone who may hear and be inspired by the stories that we're telling with the music that we make. To me, choir is one of the most powerful forms of music making, because it's so undeniably human. There's nothing to hide behind, because you are your instrument. I wanted to join choir here at Wellesley to continue studying and performing choir music, to find a community of people who share the same love for singing that I have, and to keep connecting to others through the music that we will create."

If you could take me anywhere in the world, where would it be?
"The Cliffs of Moher, on Ireland's west coast."


Comments

Popular Posts