Choirbee of the week: ⭐Chloe Almodovar ⭐


Congrats to our first Choirbee of the Week of for the Spring semester Chloe! Chloe is a new member to choir and Wellesley for the year from France. This week Chloe was so helpful teaching the rest of the choir the correct pronunciations of our French song Soleils couchants by Robert Ingari. Chloe always comes to choir with a smile on her face and we're so happy she decided to use her time at Wellesley to be part of choir!

What's your major?

Political Science

What inspired you to join Choir?
As a child I was very involved in collective artistic activities like choir, or theatre. But as I grew older and went through the hell that is French high school and then college I had to abandon all that because I just didn’t have the time. So when I learned about Wellesley College Choir I was really excited about the opportunity to become part of a community and do something I love.

What has been your favorite part of choir so far?
My favorite part of choir so far was singing the Fauré Requiem. It’s an incredible piece and we worked so hard to give the best performance we could that I felt we were really living the music. It made me quite emotional to perform this piece. Also, several days after the concert I still had difficulties falling asleep because the requiem was indefinitely playing in my head!

Favorite choir tradition so far? (or something you heard about you're excited for?)
I like the retreats because it’s kind of a giant rehearsal, with more singing and also more socializing. And I think having the retreat at the beginning of the Fall semester is really great at making everyone feel welcomed.

What piece are you most looking forward to performing?
I like “Soleils Couchants”, of course ;) But I think my favorite piece so far this semester is “Miles to Go Before I Sleep” because I love this poem.

What will you be doing with Yonce?

Yonce turned out to be a great study buddy who helped me improve my conversational skills in Arabic. We also have been watching Netflix a lot and eating too many cookies!


Comments

Popular Posts