Choirbee of the Week: Olivia Schultz-Patterson '21

This week we are celebrating Olivia Schultz-Patterson '21! Olivia is our Choirbee of the Week as she was tremendous help to the officer team over our weekend-long retreat. Without hesitation, Olivia volunteered to help the officers cook and clean for dozens of people. Let's get to know this incredible person!

Olivia posing for a selfie with our very own Choir Bee!

1. Where are you originally from?
Richmond, Virginia. I've lived in the same house my whole life!

2. What is your major?
I'm not sure yet. Maybe Japanese or Psychology?

3. Who is your all-time favorite musical artist?
Unfortunately, A lot of the artists I've liked have changed styles or disbanded over the years, but some of my favorites are The Summer Set, BTS, and Pentatonix.

4. What is a song that always gets stuck in your head?
Azalea and I actually were part of a group that learned the dance to a k-pop song called “Nayana” for a cultural show performance. It’s super repetitive but also carving, so it always gets stuck in my head.  

5. What is your favorite piece the Choir has performed this year? Why?
I really liked “Stars,” and also “Only in Sleep.” I love how there are more complex harmonies in these songs, and it’s really awesome when we split into six parts! I love being an A2 (out of three) on these songs because the parts are really interesting. 

6. Who is your personal hero/heroine?
I don’t have a specific person in mind, but I really admire anyone who can speak more than one language! I’m trying to learn, myself, and I know how much dedication and mental effort it takes. 

7. What is your favorite spot to hang out on campus?
I spend a lot of time at the library, and I also like all the little nooks and crannies in Lulu. 

8. What is something you can't live without?
My family and friends <3 and my phone so I can talk to them from Boston!

9. What's your favorite food?
Calamari, no contest. For dessert, red velvet cake!

10. If you could have fancy brunch with anyone (living or dead) who would it be and why?
I’d love to be able to talk to Stanley Milgram and ask him about what types of backlash he experienced after his experiment (the one where an experimenter told participants to “shock” people). 

11. What movie could you watch over and over?
Recently I saw Lady Bird, and that was very good. And it’s not a movie, but I LOVE the Golden Girls. 

12. If you could visit any place in the world, where would you go?
Japan. 

13. What is your favorite thing about the Wellesley College Choir?
I like how we’re all committed to the group and to making crisp music together. 

14. What is your favorite word?
I really like the Japanese character for flower - 花 “hana” because it’s simple but also elegant. 

15. Something people wouldn't guess by looking at you is:
I have ancestors from Poland!

Comments

Popular Posts