Choirbee of the Week: Justine Duan!

This week's Choirbee of the Week is Justine Duan! Justine is a first year member of choir who performs in the Alto 1 section. She really powered through on Tour, doing the choir proud despite coming down with an illness towards the end of our trip. She's also the newly elected 2017-2018 Concert Manager! Yay, Justine! Let's get to know her. 

1. Where are you originally from? Well, I was born in Berkeley, California. I currently live in Honolulu, Hawaii.
2. What is your major? Probably English? And maybe I’ll add on a second major? I’m still very unsure.
3. Who is your all-time favorite musical artist? There are too many to choose from! I’m quite fond of ABBA, The Family Crest, and Sara Bareilles.
4. What is a song that always gets stuck in your head? Yu Jian by Stefanie Sun.
5. What is your favorite piece the Choir has performed this year? Why? From Behind the Caravan: Songs of Hafez, the second movement, “suffer no grief” composed by Abbie Betinis. It’s hauntingly beautiful.
6.Who is your personal hero/heroine? My mother. Being a single mom requires so much strength and resilience. And besides that, she's absolutely amazing.
7. What is your favorite spot to hang out on campus? Anywhere with a beautiful view of nature or of Lake Waban.
8. What is something you can’t live without? Outdoor walks. If I can’t walk around outside, I feel empty inside.
9. What’s your favorite food? Sushi!
10. If you could have fancy brunch with anyone (living or dead) who would it be and why? Michelle Obama. Even if I couldn’t convince her to run for office, I’m sure we’d have an amazing conversation.
11. What movie could you watch over and over? The answer to this question changes constantly, but for now I’m going to say Inception because of the amazing score by Hans Zimmer.
12. If you could visit any place in the world, where would you go? When I was applying to colleges, I made a list of places in the United States I wanted to visit: Portland, Oregon; Ann Arbor, Michigan; and the Research Triangle in North Carolina. Outside of the United States, I would go to China.
13.What is your favorite thing about the Wellesley College Choir? That a large group of people from different majors, class years, and backgrounds can come together to sing beautiful music!
14. What is your favorite word? I have multiple favorites, including arabesque, milieu, zeitgeist, and cerulean.
15. Something people wouldn’t guess by looking at you is: I’m more outspoken and expressive than people initially assume. Also, I am a cat and I meow constantly—just ask my roommates.

Comments

Popular Posts