Choirbee of the Week: Grace Ballenger!


This week's Choirbee of the Week is the sweet and lovely Grace Ballenger! Grace was nominated as Choirbee of the Week by another member of choir. In the words of one of her fellow Choirbees, "Besides always being on top of rehearsal clean-up and helping out in any way she can, Grace shows so much care in everything she does.  She is a dedicated member of the group and such a kind and positive soul! <3 (Also her valentines were bee-autiful.)"
Let's get to know Grace!

1. Where are you originally from?
Holliston, Massachusetts.
2. What is your major?
English and Spanish (I loved them both too much to choose).
3. Who is your all-time favorite musical artist?
Josh Groban.
4. What is a song that always gets stuck in your head?
Clean Bandit's song, "Rather Be"
5. What is your favorite piece the Choir has performed this year? Why?
I really like "Nada Te Turbe," because I love to simultaneous simplicity and profoundness of the message, it has a great alto part, and I love being able to sing in Spanish. I am so glad it is coming back for tour this year, (though I may have to keep from getting emotional when we sing it).
6.Who is your personal hero/heroine?
Meryl Davis. She's amazing, dedicated, smart, classy and fashionable and has overcome a lot. Plus she's only two inches taller than I am! 
7. What is your favorite spot to hang out on campus?
I have a tree that hangs over the lake, and that's easy to climb into. It's a great spot to study, when the weather is nice, and you don't need a computer.
8. What is something you can’t live without?
Tea. I will drink it hot, or iced, summer or winter.
I'm a huge fan of fried rice.
My hair used to be much straighter as a child, and would turn blonde in the summer with all the sunlight.


9. What’s your favorite food?
10. If you could have fancy brunch with anyone (living or dead) who would it be and why?
I've had an enormously significant personal correspondence with one of my favorite pre-Wellesley teachers, but haven't seen her in person for something like 8 years, so I would love to have brunch and see if we're still compatible in person. 
11. What movie could you watch over and over?
The 2004 version of The Phantom of the Opera.
12. If you could visit any place in the world, where would you go?
I've always been enchanted by those photos of volcanoes that erupt right next to the sea, spilling molten lava into the water in a dramatic fashion. If I could figure out somewhere where that happens and I can safely watch it, I would say there. 
13.What is your favorite thing about the Wellesley College Choir?
It allows me to keep the musical side of myself that otherwise might not have an outlet alive. I also love all of the inside jokes we develop during our time together that really make choir feel like a community.
14. What is your favorite word?
English: Adoxography (beautiful writing on a subject of little or no importance.) Spanish: Ojalá (Hopefully, but literally was borrowed from the Arabic "Allah grant that").  
15. Something people wouldn’t guess by looking at you is:
My hair used to be much straighter as a child, and would turn blonde in the summer with all the sunlight.


Comments

Popular Posts