Choirbee of the Week: Ciara Cheli-Colando

This week's Choirbee of the Week is Ciara Cheli-Colando. Ciara is a first year member of choir this year.  She is a very talented musician who has a lot of enthusiasm for singing.  This enthusiasm shows both inside and outside of our rehearsals and performances and expresses a genuine passion for music–just last week she went and saw Dr. Graham's concert off campus. Let's get to know her!

1. Hometown: Arcata, CA

2. Favorite musical artist: It's so hard to choose! But, if I had to pick a vocalist, it would be Josh Groban or Sara Bareilles (shout out to my hometown girl!).

3. Favorite song to put you in a happy mood: Take My Number, by Melissa Etheridge

4. Who would star in a film made about your life? Emma Watson or Kate McKinnon

5. What’s the last book you read for fun? Survival, by Julie Czerneda

6. What’s a song that always gets stuck in your head? Well, most recently I've had Rachmaninoff's Angel stuck in my head, but pretty much anything I'm singing in choir.

7. What is something you can’t live without? My mom <3

8. If you could have fancy brunch with anyone (living or dead) who
would it be and why? Carl Sagan, because his view of the cosmos is incredibly beautiful.

9. What’s your favorite food? A really good burrito

10. Who is your personal hero/heroine? Michelle Obama… I adore her so much!

11. What movie could you watch over and over? One Last Dance, with Patrick Swayze and Lisa Niemi

12. If you could visit any place in the world, where would you go? 
Beirut, Lebanon, to see where my grandfather grew up.

13. If you could go back and visit any time period, what time would
you travel to and why? The third age of Middle Earth, mostly so I could meet Aragorn.

14. What is your favorite word? Uisce (Irish Gaeilge for water)

15. Something people wouldn’t guess by looking at you is: I’m a synesthete!

Comments

Popular Posts