Meet Sophie Rowland, our Tour Manager!

Hello, I'm Sophie Rowland and I'm the tour manager for this year.  I'm a senior majoring in Biology and Classical Civilization. I grew up in Central New Jersey (which is definitely a thing).




Q: Tell us a little bit about your officer position!
I plan and organize our tour during spring break and make sure it runs smoothly.


Q: What is your favorite Choir memory?
One of my favorite choir memories is from our choir tour to South Korea. On the last day, before our 22 hours of travel, a bunch of us decided to go to a Korean spa. It was quite the bonding experience and put us in a relaxed mood right before getting on a Trans-Pacific flight.


Q: What is your favorite piece we've sung so far?
I think the favorite piece we've sang is from my first year in choir. We sang Dona Nobis Pacem by Ralph Vaughan Williams with the University of Virginia Glee Club. It was incredibly hard and very long but was worth every hour of work. And we got to perform it both at Wellesley and the University of Virginia when we went visited them during tour.


Q: What are you most looking forward to this year?
I'm looking forward to another great year of choir. It's bittersweet to think that every concert we do from Family and Friends Weekend until Baccalaureate will be my last but I'm proud to say I will have four years of choir to remember when I graduate.


Q: If you could meet one famous person, dead or alive, who would you choose?
If I could meet anyone famous, dead or alive, I would like to meet Madame Curie and ask her advice about being a woman in science. Also, maybe warn her about the dangers of radiation.


Q:  Other than choral stuff, what kind of music do you like to listen to?

I like a lot of different kinds of music: pop, jazz, rock, Broadway, folk. I've been obsessed with this band, The Staves, for about two years now. They're three British sisters who harmonize perfectly. They're so good!

Comments

Popular Posts