Meet our Concert Manager, Angela Coco!

Angela is a member of the Class of 2019.  She’s pre-law and an aspiring History major.  Originally from Scarsdale, New York, Angela is super excited to be a part of the officer team this year! We asked Angela a few questions to get to know her a little better.


Q: Tell us a little bit about your officer position!
A: As the Concert Manager I will be responsible for ensuring that all behind­ the­ scenes work relating to our concerts is effectively planned and implemented. This includes (among other things) concert dresses, programs, and stage management. I’ll be conducting all dress fittings and distributing concert apparel for Choir and Chamber Singers. ­ I’ll­ create concert programs, deal with stage preparation, lights, chairs, piano movement, and entrances/exits of the choirs. ­I’ll also ensure that concert materials are preserved in the College Archives.


Q: What is your favorite Choir memory?
A: My favorite choir memory has to be choir bonding after our last concert in the spring! Some jokes were so funny I swear we caused seismic activity.


Q: What is your favorite piece we've sung so far?
A: My favorite piece to date is definitely Autumn Evening. Those ‘giant poplar leaves' have stayed with me, even months later. *looks nostalgically into the distance*

Q: What are you most looking forward to this year?
A: I’m so looking forward to singing with U Penn’s Glee Club at our Dober Concert this year!


Q: If you could meet one famous person, dead or alive, who would you choose?
A: If I could meet one famous person, I would meet Dick Van Dyke. He has inspired me throughout my entire life with his warm character, his incredible talent, and his willingness to follow his dreams to the ends of the earth and back again.   


Q:  Other than choral stuff, what kind of music do you like to listen to?
A: When I’m not jamming to choir tunes, I love alternative music! The Lumineers, Mumford and Sons, and Of Monsters and Men are right up my alley. I’m always looking for recommendations though so hmu!!! <3 <3 <3

Comments

Popular Posts