Meet the Officers: Cayla Fromm

Happy Tuesday from the Choir! We hope you have all had a restful Labor Day weekend. With the academic year rapidly picking up speed, Flower Sunday, a Wellesley tradition in which an upperclassman “big” connects with a first year or transfer student “little,” quickly approaches. Meanwhile, the Choir has been preparing pieces to sing at this incredibly special event. Leading us in the charge next to Dr. Graham, our President, Cayla Fromm ’16, has done an incredible job helping organize rehearsals and our recent retreat on Saturday. Over the summer (it seems so far away), she researched x-rays at Stanford.


Introduce yourself!
My name is Cayla Fromm, I'm a senior from Rochester, NY. I'm a physics major and music minor, and this is my second year as the president of the Wellesley College Choir! I am generally in charge of pulling things off well. 

What have you been up to this summer?
This summer I've been working at SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory doing really cool work with high energy x-rays. Also working on my California tan and eating a lot of peaches.

When you’re not singing Ave Maria, what are you jamming out to?
Recently I've been jamming to anything with a good horn section. A lot of funky stuff. 

What are you looking forward to this year with the choir?
This year I'm looking forward to working closely with the Radcliffe Choral Society and getting to know all the new members!

And for fun, if you were to wield a super power, what would it be?

If I could have any superpower I think I would want to be able to stop time. Think of all the physics problems I could do!

Comments

Popular Posts