It's time for our final CHOIRBEE OF THE WEEK of the semester!!!!!! 🐝 🍯

 

This week's buzzing bee is Alexandra Dennis '24, yet another one of our DELIGHTFUL newbees! From Day 1, Alexandra has blessed us with her smile, her enthusiasm, and her genuine passion for being around other choirbees and developing her choral skill set. Though she may be new to choral music, she has jump in head first into our choir program, participating in socials and giving her all at every rehearsal, always looking for ways to improve her singing and impro
ve the choir as a whole. We LOVE seeing her smile, and we love hearing how excited she is about our community! What a model bee for other newcomers to follow!! We cannot wait to see what she will bring to us in the spring and beyond! Choirlove! <3

What is your name and what are your pronouns?
"Alexandra Dennis, she/her/hers"

What are your rose (great memory), bud (what you’re looking forward to), and thorn (not so great memory) from Term 2?
"Rose = Coming to campus, joining student organizations/initiatives, getting into WCC (of course!) and meeting my new professors and peers!; Bud = Going to South Korea on the study abroad program and furthering my Korean language skills!; Thorn = not being able to see my family members and friends to celebrate the holidays in-person!"

What has been your favorite part of choir so far?
"My favorite part of choir has definitely been getting to know and bond with the different bees! Everyone is so kind and wonderful to each other, so being a part of this family has been super special!"

Is this your first semester as a chorister? If so, what is something unique that you’ve learned from singing in a choir? If not, what is a new experience you’ve had with the Wellesley College Choir that you haven’t had in other choir circles?
"Yes! I’m a freshman, so this was my first semester as a choirster! From singing in choir so far, I think I’ve gotten a lot better at sight reading and harmonizing with others! Despite my love for singing, I wasn’t a member of my school’s regular choir since I played the clarinet, so I was pretty horrible at sight-singing, but now I can definitely see (and hear) improvements in my ability!"

If you could take me anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
"If I could take you anywhere in the world, I think I would take you to a BeyoncΓ© concert that way you could be with another Queen Bee!"

Comments

Popular Posts