Choirbee of the Week: Katie LaBarge!

This week's Choirbee of the Week is Katie LaBarge, a senior from the Alto 1 section. Katie has perfect attendance and is a great musician, and was nominated by a fellow choir member for being a super supportive friend and always knowing her music. Let's get to know her!

1. Hometown: Maynard, MA
2. Favorite musical artist: Adele, The Beatles, Mumford & Sons
3. Favorite song to put you in a happy mood: "I Want You Back" - Jackson 5
4. Who would star in a film made about your life? Tina Fey
5. What’s the last book you read for fun? "American Jesus" by Stephen Prothero
6. What’s a song that always gets stuck in your head? "Take a Break" or "Dear Theodosia" from Hamilton
7. What is something you can’t live without? Atmospheric oxygen ;)
8. If you could have fancy brunch with anyone (living or dead) who would it be and why? Probably Hillary Clinton. I would just want to talk about her time at Wellesley and her career and get her advice on everything. And I'd want to give her a hug (more for my sake than for hers).
9. What’s your favorite food? I love all sugary breakfast foods! Pancakes, waffles, french toast - if I can eat it and pretend it's a nutritionally complete meal even though it's totally just a dessert, I'm in. :)
10. Who is your personal hero/heroine? I really admire Malala Yousafzai and her advocacy for children's education worldwide.
11. What movie could you watch over and over? High School Musical (embarrassing but true)
12. If you could visit any place in the world, where would you go? This is so tough! There are so many places that I want to go. However, I'm ashamed to admit I've lived in the northeast my entire life and have never been to New York and I'm dying to go, so maybe I'd just start there.
13. If you could go back and visit any time period, what time would you travel to and why? I'd go to the K/T extinction boundary, to find out what ~really~ killed the dinosaurs.
14. What is your favorite word? Synecdoche
15. Something people wouldn’t guess by looking at you is: I have a deathly fear of moths.

Comments

Popular Posts