Choir Bee of the Week: Demilade Adeboye '19

And we're back! Welcome back to school, everyone, and a happy new year! After our incredible tour in California, we present to you our first choir bee of the semester, the lovely Demilade! Let's get to know her...
Demilade and the Bee!
1.     Hometown: Lagos, Nigeria
2.     Favorite musical artist: I'm much too indecisive to pick just one artist.
3.     Favorite song to put you in a happy mood: Brahms' Intermezzo in A major, opus 118 number 2.
4.     Who would star in a film made about your life? BeyoncĂ© (I know she's not an actress, but come on! How great would it be if she was in a movie about my life?!?) or Kerry Washington.
5.     What’s the last book you read for fun? The Goldfinch by Donna Tart
6.     What’s a song that always gets stuck in your head? I have a lot of songs stuck in my head, but currently I can't let go of "Toothbrush" by DNCE.
7.     What is something you can’t live without? My hands.
8.     If you could have fancy brunch with anyone (living or dead) who would it be and why? Antonio Vivaldi. I'd love to ask him about his inspiration for The Four Seasons. Also, we have the same birthday, so we would probably have an incredible birthday brunch.
9.     What’s your favorite food? Jollof rice - a spicy, Nigerian rice dish
10.    Who is your personal hero/heroine: My mother! She works ridiculously hard but somehow manages it all with grace and elegance. 
11.    What movie could you watch over and over? 10 Things I Hate About You (the 1999 movie, of course!)
12.   If you could visit any place in the world, where would you go? Marrakesh, Morocco
13.   If you could go back and visit any time period, what time would you travel to and why? I'd visit 16th century England; it was around then that music began to lose its rigid structure and began to take form. Also, Queen Elizabeth began her reign in 1558 and I would have loved to meet her and witness her soap-opera-worthy life in person.
14.   What is your favorite word? The french word for grapefruit - pamplemousse :)
15.   Something people wouldn’t guess by looking at you is: I have Greek family members.
16.   Why is a raven like a writing desk? Because there's an r in either and an h in neither. 


Comments

Popular Posts