Choir Bee of the Week: Grace Ballenger '17

This week's Choir Bee of the Week has been an enormous help to the officers and Dr. Graham in the past few weeks. For starters, on the night of the Gala kicking off the campaign for Wellesley, Grace Ballenger, a dedicated member of the choir, helped Dr. Graham drag a keyboard all the way to the Keohane Sports Center. On top of that, she is often one of the first to arrive and the last to leave rehearsal, as she is busy helping setting up and breaking down our rehearsal set up. 


Grace (center) and the Choir Bee itself!
1.     Hometown: Holliston, Massachusetts. 
2.     Favorite musical artist: I am far too obsessed with Josh Groban (but seriously, have you seen him singing Donald Trump's tweets?!?) 
3.     Favorite song to put you in a happy mood: Echosmith's song Bright. 

4.     Who would star in a film made about your life? Emma Watson has been a really popular actress with choirbees lately, but I would be flattered by the idea of someone so talented playing me. 
5.     What’s the last book you read for fun? I can't remember if I finished the Great Gatsby... Or il Piccolo Principe (The Little Prince in Italian) last. 
6.     What’s a song that always gets stuck in your head? Whichever is the strangest one for me to be singing :P
7.     What is something you can’t live without? Tea. 
8.     If you could have fancy brunch with anyone (living or dead) who would it be and why? I've had an enormously significant personal correspondence with one of my favorite pre-Wellesley teachers, but haven't seen her in person for something like 6 years, so I would love to have brunch and see if we're still compatible in person. 
9.     What’s your favorite food? Fried rice. 
10.    Who is your personal hero/heroine: Meryl Davis. She's amazing, dedicated, smart, classy and fashionable and has overcome a lot. Plus she's only two inches taller than I am! 
11.    What movie could you watch over and over? The 2004 version of Phantom of the Opera. 
12.   If you could visit any place in the world, where would you go? I've heard amazing things about Morocco, so maybe there. 
13.   If you could go back and visit any time period, what time would you travel to and why? The Ancient Greeks had such an influence on our society, and yet we're still trying to figure out so much about their society. It would be cool to see how it actually was. 
14.   What is your favorite word? Adoxography (beautiful writing on a subject of little or no importance.)
15.   Something people wouldn’t guess by looking at you is: Despite the name, I have no grace. I once managed to break my pinkie by flying over the handlebars of my bike. 
16.   Why is a raven like a writing desk? Neither can join the Wellesley College Choir. 

Comments

Popular Posts