Choirbee of the Week: Cathleen!

Meet Cathleen, our Choirbee of the Week! She is a first-year from Elmhurst, IL.



Cathleen and the Bee at Vespers!



Is there any significance to your name?
My middle name was under dispute for much of my life, since my dad wanted it to be Julie Ann, after my wonderful mother, but she wanted Patricia…. It ended up as Julie, so I guess some sort of compromise.

What did you want to be when you were a kid?
Up until I was 14, all I wanted to be was a doctor like my uncle, but then I realized I would have to deal with sick people before they got better. So I switched to wanting to be Rapunzel.

Strangest food you ever ate:
This lasagna at a raw foods restaurant. It legitimately had grass in it… but was surprisingly tasty!

Place you want to visit:
It’s always been my dream to go to Aix-en-Provence in France, although I also really want to visit Russia in the winter, and play Hansl and Gretel in the Black Forest in Germany.

Last song you listened to:
Brother by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros

When I’m stressed out I like to:
Go tromping in the woods, or take a bike ride on the Wellesley trails through town.

The childhood toy I always wanted, but never got:
A pony.

Pet Peeve:
When people ask vegetarians (like myself) if it’s ok to eat meat in front of them, as if seeing a hamburger will make us physically ill.

Guilty Pleasure:
I may or may not be obsessed with Jasper Hale from Twilight…

Favorite Broadway musical:
It’s a tie between Les Mis and The Last Five Years. And, yes, I am beyond excited for the Les Mis movie!

Favorite sound:
Merida’s voice.

Favorite thing about Wellesley:
The beautiful community of amazing and extremely talented people.

Playdoh or silly putty:
Playdoh all day er’ryday.

Apples or oranges:
Peaches. Always peaches.

Rain or snow:
SNOWWWWW!

Letters or e-mail:
As much as I love using emails as a form of procrastination, nothing beats getting a letter in my box :]

Tea or coffee:
Peach Snapple.

Anything else you think the choir should know!:
I am beyond excited to be in choir this year! It’s always a highlight of my week to spend time with the wonderful choir bees. 




Comments

Popular Posts